Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Funny Stuff My Kid Has Said


Last year, on Valentine's Day, I wrote a love poem to my son.  This year I'd like to tell him how much I love him by thanking him for making me laugh so hard.  He has no idea how funny he is.

Here are the funniest things my son has said since he first learned to use words:

2013 (5 years old)

-Evan: "Mommy, your jokes are funny, but only on Tuesday."

-Mommy: "Evan, I know you're not drawing on the floor with that red pencil...that would
get you into some really big trouble, wouldn't it?"
Evan (after a long pause and staring at me like a deer caught in the headlights): "Can I
have an eraser?"
-Getting my wonderful 5 year old ready for bed...Evan said to his beloved mother on
Valentine's Day: "You're despicable and you're fired."

-I started crocheting a blanket out of all my scraps of yarn. Evan saw me doing this and
asked: "Mommy, what are you noodling? Can I noodle too?"

2012 (4 years old)

-After prying his mouth open and giving Evan a good dose of liquid Tylenol at 4a.m. due
to a fever of 102, he said quite eloquently and with impeccable timing: "One of these
days Mommy...One of these days....POW! Right in the Kissah!"

-Mommy: (as Evan put his finger in his mouth): “Don't put your finger in your mouth."
Evan: "Why? Was it made in China?”

2010 (3 years old)

-I thought my son was a genius by repeating the words, "Number 9” - a sophisticated
Beatles fan? I pondered. Nope - just my husband's order number at the Mickey Dee's
drive-thru. My son is a genius and an unwitting tattle-tale.

-Evan: "Mommy, you get the spaceship…Daddy, you get the stars…..I'll get the rope."

No comments:

Post a Comment